Surely this wouldn't be the worst thing we all pretend didn't exist.
In honor of Martin Luther King Junior Day, I decided to just make you a list of the random recent happenings around here....because I am 78% sure that making lists is how MLK managed to get so much done with the whole racial equality thing.
God bless him.
1. Last week we had a very large tree removed from our backyard in order to start the whole pool building process. There was a backhoe and everything.
It entertained my children for hours, which makes me wonder how much it would cost to have a backhoe just rip stuff up in my backyard for the next few years in comparison to installing a pool?
This might be worth exploration.
2. In my quest to take over the world with my Pampered Chef business, I have earned all sorts of free Pampered Chef products. On a whim I ordered this white ceramic skillet...and discovered that I should make more decisions on a whim.
I am in love....with a skillet.
I feel ashamed and proud.
It's making everything so easy and fun to cook right now. I'm also having professional photos taken in the near future of myself with the skillet since this one was such a hit on Facebook and Instagram...mostly for being sort of scary, but I also like to think it's because everyone wants to love this skillet like I do.
3. The return of the sun has brought new hope for my life as a stay at home mom. My kids have started going outside again and it is glorious.
The Sandbox is back in rotation, which is 90% good news. It does get them outside and away from me, but it also brings sand back inside.
|Best photo EVER? Probably.|
The vacuum is my friend.
The boys also were finally allowed to spend some of their 2012 savings and they both purchased outdoor riding toys which has led to endless hours of them riding away from me.
4. Meal planing blows lately. Nothing sounds good. I basically just want to cook eggs and quesadillas in that skillet and wing it every night, but that is sort of awful in reality. So I hunkered down on Pinterest and decided to try a week of recipes that look delicious.
Last night I tried the crockpot pesto ranch chicken and every person in my family devoured it.
Do it tonight people.
2 pounds-ish of chicken thighs
6 oz jar of pesto
1 pack of ranch seasoning
some chicken broth
Here's a link to the magic.
5. The cutest thing around here lately is Stella's mastery of our very long last name.
Just to be clear, Alex doesn't usually talk like that.
I don't want confusion like that.