Freaked out in a good way of course.
Being that I'm freaked out though, here's seven quick things, because that's when my brain shut down from all the excitement of having extra help around here.
1. I checked Wuthering Heights out of the library last week in hopes that I could read it and counteract some of the intellectually toxic novels I have been reading. I've even been practicing my English accent and watching extra episodes of Downton Abbey so that I could more accurately understand the story.
Unfortunately, I'm only on page 7. I've been on page 7 since the first night I tried to read and fell immediately asleep. I can't stop reading the 14th, yes 14th, don't judge me, book in the ridiculous Stephanie Plum series about a female bounty hunter.
Maybe my brain is permanently damaged?
2. As a result of an undetermined incident of trauma, Stella has chipped one of her front teeth. She now has a snarl tooth and will now be mistaken for a child without parents who care about buying her tiny character covered toothbrushes and toothpaste that tastes like candy.
Or, people might think she does meth.
Probably meth. She totally could be doing meth behind my back.
3. Alex and I had our first major parenting mistake tonight when we tried to watch Jumanji for Family Sunday Night Movie Time.
(This time does not actually exist on a regular basis though capitalizing Family Sunday Night Movie Time makes you think it could. I'm so deceptive! My apologies.)
This movie is freaky and weird and terrified my boys. Stella mostly giggled and tried on every one's shoes so I assume she is mentally tougher than they are, most likely as a result of her new drug problem.
I'm not entirely opposed to scaring my children, but their fear meant that they couldn't go to sleep until 9:00, over an hour after they should have been in bed due to their state of exhaustion. Anything that prolongs bedtime will forever be banished from my house.
I would like to formally declare Jumanji pure evil.
4. Having Fourth of July in the middle of the week meant for a short work week for Alex and some serious quality time as a family, which I think is supposed to be a really good thing.
Unfortunately, I spent all Thursday feeling confused about the fact that it wasn't Monday and was forced to keep reminding myself that there would sadly not be any new Bachelorette on TV for another FIVE torturous days. Holidays are deceptive and mean like that. No one wants to be misled and disappointed about the Bachelorette.
5. Stella, Aiden, Alex and I all slept in this morning until 9:00. This is pure insanity and I don't even know how to explain it. I can only assume that there is some high level of carbon monoxide in our house and we almost died.
I also assume Cole is immune to the negative affects of carbon monoxide poisoning since he was up at 7, which totally makes sense.
6. Alex and I just finished watching the second season of Downton Abbey, because we're raw like that. Being completely at a loss, we watched the first episode of Sons of Anarchy, since that seemed like a good follow up to PBS English television.
We're digging it. We relate, we understand, and we might be sporting more leather if you see us in the next few weeks, try to be supportive.
7. My paychecks are rolling in from my new gig at Noonday.
Unfortunately, they are also rolling out since I have to be around stuff like this all day.
How do I see this and not purchase it? I might have a daughter on meth, surely I deserve cool earrings made from remnants of ammunition that look fantastic with essentially everything I put on, including my minivan?
I bet they look great with leather too.
I'm such a badass now.