I know, you are not shocked. As my loving and faithful readers you probably have had a difficult time comprehending how I don't have thousands of followers and my own reality show by now....but that's just because you are nice and enjoy sarcasm, I'm actually pretty boring and would make a horrible reality TV star. Oh well.
Boring or not though, the award has been given and I am probably only days, possibly hours away from being approached for a major motion picture.
Brace yourself. Truth be told, I won two awards. Allow me to break it down for you.
First, I was contacted by eCollegeFinder.com about whether or not I would like to be considered for their top parenting blogs list. I don't respond to a lot of PR requests because through my serious and in depth research (I've not really done any,) I've found that most of the opportunities are for me to give you all a chance to win a CD you don't want, or for me to get a whooping $25 in my PayPal account to mention a day care with which I have no experience within one of my "regular" posts.
These just don't seem as much fun as me babbling to you all day long. Right?
I do like a contest though so I answered a few questions and the next thing I knew I was contacted as a winner! I'm a WINNER! Apparently I am such a fantastic blogger that I am one of a mere 115 blogs on the list. I'm fairly certain I didn't really enter a contest so much as sign up on a list, but I'm not one to turn down any award. You can find the list, and my profound advice to parents who are students here.
The second award I received was the Tell Me About Yourself Award. I received this award from Cynthia over at Commonplace Crazy. Since she's relatively new to the blog world I feel sort of privileged to be included in her list of ten bloggers she included. She didn't even make me fill out a form. She's nice.
Thank you Cynthia! Thank you also for your latest post on the use of the word lie vs. lay. I'm not being sarcastic either, I love stuff like that. Growing up, my father would actually interrupt me during an emotional outburst to correct my grammar. English is magical.
Here is how the award works.
Since I already thanked her, let's move on the part that is going to blow your mind...7 things you may not know about me.
1. It is not uncommon for me to sneak food behind my kids' backs so that I don't have to share if there is only a small amount of something left. I'm food selfish.
2. When frightened by something in my house, I always figure out how I am going to get away, but rarely include my kids in the exit strategy. This probably isn't good, but feel confident that it is never anything like fire, but more along the lines of creepy sounds from the fireplace or a weird sound on the monitor.
3. I dream about living in a city. I feel like I could be really cool in a city, maybe even wear a fedora, or a head scarf!
4. I have a desperate crush on Ryan Gosling's character, Noah, in the movie, The Notebook and Justin Timberlake in real life. I feel I have an equal chance at developing a serious relationship with either of these men.
5. I only had one girl "enemy" (that I knew of) my whole life. She emailed me not too long ago because of my blog and now we're "friends"...and that still makes me smile whenever I think of resolving years of stupidity with a great girl.
6. A lot of days I desperately wish I had a job to go to instead of staying home. Unfortunately I think that 80% of that desire stems from wanting to simply wear nicer clothes.
7. I just ate five Oreos while typing this list. Is that bad?
I think Cynthia had a great idea to only do 10 blogs because it can get a little out of hand. I picked an assortment of blogs I don't know as well and some I frequent often. So here's my ten.
Prudently Painted Vintage
House Unseen, Life Unscripted
Emmy, One Day at a Time
Mom Next Door
The Random Blogette
The Literal Mom
Two Normal Moms
Four Sea Stars
Laura's Ramblings In Color
You are welcome ladies. Who doesn't want an award?