- The car load of random, but fantastic stuff that they load in to their car to bring to me. This time consisted of lots of clothes for the kids, a bunch of dolls, Easter toys, and my childhood Garbage Pail Kid Collection. I'm sure I'll be rich once I throw those on Ebay.
- Grandma's willingness to always nap with the boys, watch boring kid movies with them, or teach them something in a fun way that I never have the time or patience to sit and do with them. It's really heart melting stuff. It also keeps them away from me which REALLY melts my heart.
- Hearing Aiden try to casually suggest that Tractor should pick him up from school. (Tractor usually takes the boys out for ice cream if he picks them up....it's too cute to hear how nonchalant Aiden tries to be when mentioning that he wouldn't mind if Tractor wanted to pick them up.)
- Pedicures and shopping with Grandma while the boys are at school and Tractor babysits for Stella, and calls every thirty minutes to remind us he isn't changing her diaper if she poops.
- Having Grandma never tire of reading stories and playing board games or card games with the boys, giggling with Stella, or suggesting a different way for me to do....well, anything I'm doing.
- The smell of smoke that permeates from the guest room, frequent smoke breaks that lure my children outdoors, and Aiden and Cole's fascination with putting anything stick like in their mouth to pretend they are smoking like Tractor. (He also spent about an hour trying to teach Aiden all the presidents on all the different dollar bills. Do you know who's on the $500 bill? Tractor does, so he's not just teaching them about the joy of smoking.)
- Periodically checking to see if Alex is still involved in an hour and a half
lecturediscussion with Tractor on the organization of military rank in our armed forces, different weapons used in different wars and pretty much a run down of everything that happened in the Civil War. Everything.
- Having adults around to have a celebratory glass of wine with after all three children are successfully put to bed.