(I call it JCP now...because I've progressed, and I listen to all that hip hop and rap while I run. It also sounds more street to say JCP and I'm super street. Super.)
So I've had this gift card for a year now, not because I haven't made it to JCP or because I haven't found anything I liked yet, but because I have been saving this gift card to spend on something really special. It also was my ticket back to JCP. As long as I had the card, I had to keep going back to try to use it.
(I do not claim to ever make completely logical and sane decisions. I like to think I'm more exciting because of it. You go on and keep an differing opinions to yourself.)
So, today was a big day. I used the gift card! We have a family wedding in a few weeks and I purchased a new pair of shoes at JCP today for $40.
But, I didn't use the gift card for those. I had to order my size to be delivered to my house and using a credit card was basically the only way to do that so I couldn't use the gift card for those. I also don't have a photo of those for you right now because they are probably in a warehouse somewhere.
(Do you like how I'm using parentheses after each paragraph? I think this will be my new style. Anyway, JCP will order you your size and send it to you for free. I think a lot of stores to this, but I was super happy to hear that JCP does.)
So, I found a pair of shoes that I totally do not need, which is sometimes the best kind of shoe purchase, right?
I then spent the next hour worrying about finding the perfect classy black shorts to wear with this with a fun white beachy, but not too casual, top. I love building an outfit around wanting to wear a pair of shoes. It makes me feel all fast and loose...wait....what does that mean?
I must tell you folks, I was totally overwhelmed by JCP's ability to outfit my feet. The shoes I didn't need but felt compelled to purchase were EVERYWHERE. It was scary. It was fun. It was VERY fast and loose.
(Someone please define that. Is that sexual? Like slutty? Because that's totally what was happening today at JCP.)
Thankfully, Grandma was with me and she has a super soft spot for my desire to dress like I actually have something to do other than take kids to preschool and run to the grocery store, so she got me this pair of shoes that I also totally did not need.
It was a really good shoe day at the JCP. Thank you Mom!
Other fun points of the shopping at JCP experience?
- I used a $10 coupon mailed to me to be used on any purchase of $10 or more. Awesome.
- A Sephora inside the store. Inside the JCP!
- A friendly woman that wanted to talk to me about her not so fantastic "boyfriend." I must wear some sort of sign that let's people know I really want to know all about their personal life.
- MNG by Mango...I have no idea what this brand is, but they wanted $59.90 for this shirt at JCP and I sat and thought about it for about twenty minutes because it was that fantastic in person! It was on sale for $47.92 If I used the coupon it would be $37.92. I am good at math! I still have visions of me wearing it basically everywhere and it was so soft I wanted to sleep and go clubbing in it. LOVE IT!
- Over hearing old ladies in the dressing room foyer referring to JCP as Penney's.
Also, you should ignore all the cheesy floral dresses in their ads, it's much cooler inside.
Well, it's cooler in some parts. Not in the areas where ladies in leisure suits are calling it Penney's.
For the record, my Mom was just trying clothes on near the ladies in leisure suits, not one of them... despite her propensity to actually refer to JCP as Penney's. She's old school JCP. It's in her blood.