After her departure I felt crushed about my lack of self and motivated to get off my ass and do something.
In the five days that followed her departure I accomplished the following:
1. Spent two-three solid days feeling sorry for myself and regretting the birth of my kids.
2. Wrote my admissions essay to grad school.
3. Visited 3 gyms to decide where to join.
4. Planned a girl's night.
5. Shopped for myself.
6. Ran - twice!
In next five days after those accomplishments I have done the following:
1. Decided I like my life and my kids are pretty cool most of the time.
2. Avoided proofing and finalizing my grad school essay.
3. Decided a gym sounds like a big commitment.
4. Cancelled girl's night due to sick child.
5. Returned all fun purchases due to lack of places to wear cute, fun clothes and lack of funds to afford them unless I sacrifice diapers.
6. Basked in the glory of two good runs, feeling a little sore, a little fit, and a little lazy about doing it again. Thank God I have those kids to use as a good excuse.